Sunday, September 2, 2007

8 Things you didn't know about me


I was tagged to do this so... here goes. This is what I used to look like.

1. I was co-captain of the football team in high school. Believe it or not, I used to be very athletic.

2. When I was a kid I thought that I would end up being either a doctor or a preacher. Doctor's mistakes die, preacher's mistakes just might end up in hell. Being a pastor is the crowning achievement of my life.

3. God gifted me with musical talents and abilities. I never really had to work at playing drums. The first time I sat down behind a drum set, I played them, it was just in me. Guitar is another story all together. I really, really, really like to play drums. I would love to be playing in a Christian Rock Band but, that's not where God has me planted for now.

4. I have always been a better than average singer. I took a music theory class a few years ago and was told that I have perfect pitch.

5. I felt God's call to the ministry before I was born again. I have memories of being very young and looking through my mother's Bible and could feel God speaking to my heart. God told me shortly after I got saved that I was to go to school and pursue a Doctorate in Divinity. At almost 55 I don't see that happening, but, you never know.

6. I have two grandchildren (Brennen age 10 and Lauren age 5) in Tennessee that I REALLY miss. If I had my way, I would go to Tennessee and pastor a church tomorrow. OH by the way, my grandchildren call me "papaw big truck".

7. Contrary to what most people think about me, I do NOT like being a truck driver. It's just a means to an end and I have had just about enough. It's frustrating not being as involved in church as I would like to be.

8. I'm amazed that I survived a career in the military since I always have questioned authority and don't do well with the "because I told you to" leadership style. So... I stayed in trouble for 20 years.


I'm supposed to tag six other people who read this and have a blog. I only know one other person that has a blog and you tagged me.

No comments: