Monday, February 23, 2009

Last week was an eventful week.

I'm sitting here this morning looking back at the last week. It all started when I got a call from my mentor and friend in Columbia, SC. He is the lead chaplain for Transport for Christ (TFC) there. TFC ministers to truckers and truck stop employees and patrons. Ted asked me to go to Rockford and visit a truck driver who had pneumonia and had been close to death. She drives team with her husband. I contacted my pastor Aaron Helland and we started over to Rockford on Thursday morning. As we were driving along and talking, we suddenly saw this wall of snow, dust, etc.... We passed through this wall to see an eighteen wheeler lying on its right side with the wheels still spinning. We pulled over and helped the driver get out and waited with him until the police arrived. We went on to Rockford and had a good visit with the driver and her husband in Rockford. It was truly a pleasure to minister to truckers again. I come from three generations of truck drivers and I hope to be involved with TFC for a long time.
Then, yesterday in church a lady who donates food every week was carrying a box in and hit her hand on the door. I took her to the emergency room and she end up with nine stiches in her finger as a result. I spent the afternoon with her making sure that she was taken care of. I said all of this to say this, I the Lord and find it an honor to be in His service.

No comments: