Monday, July 23, 2007

10% of our potential?

It's been said that we humans on use 10% of our potential brain power. Whether or not that's true remains to be seen. It's interesting to me that 10% is the exact amount that God demands as the first fruits of our income. Malachi 3:10-13 (KJV)
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy
c the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.
So.. even if this is true, God can take that 10% and do much more than we can even ask or think with it. If I give God 10% of my income (which I do by the way), He promises in His word that He will pour out a blessing that I will not even be able to contain. That tells me that if I will give the 10% of my brain that I'm using to God, the same principle of sowing and reaping applies. Too cool.

No comments: