Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Times of Refreshing

I have just returned from attending our annual pastor's conference. What a glorious time it was! But, it occurs to me that every day should be like this. Although it is great to spend time with others of like faith, we have all we need to have a living and vibrant relationship with God the Father. The only thing that keeps me from this victorious lifestyle is ME! My goal is to maintain a continous, real relationship with God. This means that, as in any other relationship, I must be willing to make sacrifices in order to keep my relationship healthy. There are things that I cannot do because it would damage this relationship. Don't get me wrong, 1 John 1:8-10 says
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 
The Holy Bible : King James Version. 1995 . Logos Research Systems, Inc.: Oak Harbor, WA

What this says to me is that there will be times that I will miss the mark. But, Thank God for Jesus who through His infinite love gave Himself as the sacrifice for ALL my sins. There is no sin that I can commit that was not in the future when Jesus offered himself as a sacrifice on the cross for ME!

No comments: