Saturday, October 27, 2007

It pays to be nice

This morning I called Stanley Steemer to check if my contract had run out with them. I get a cleaning contract with them each year to save money. Well... I had spaced it out and it expired on September 2d. When the operator offered to schedule a cleaning at full price I declined and honestly I was a little short with her on the phone. I was immediately convicted and called right back to apologize. After speaking with another operator and apologizing, he put me on hold. He came back on and said that they would honor the previous contract and clean our carpet for nothing. He then offered me a new contract which included another 4 cleanings for $400. I ended up getting a contract for 5 cleanings for $400. That's a REALLY good deal. I am so thankful for God's Spirit that resides in me and keeps me in check when I want to act like a jerk.
Romans 12:18 (KJV) 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

No comments: