Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This is too cool

Last night Annette and I went to Trinity International University for the information session for the fall semester. As we were signing in, they gave me a name tag and put my name in a bowl for the drawing later. After the session the director of the program came up to do the drawing. The Holy Spirit spoke to me very quietly and told me that I would win the drawing. Well.... I did. It's not the prize that excites me. It is the fact that God very clearly and succinctly spoke to me. I approached the director after the meeting and told him I wanted to share something with him. As I started he stopped me and said "you felt your name didn't you?" He said that as he was about to ask me to pull the winning ticket, he stopped because he knew that I would pull my own name. How cool is that!? God is always speaking to us. The problem is that's we are not always listening. I can hardly contain myself in anticipation of getting back into school. God is the God of second chances!

Philippians 3:13-14 (KJV)
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to Trinity! I work in the Advancement office in the Mansion. I loved reading about your experience with the drawing - I need reminding that God is in charge of the little details of our lives too. I hope you enjoy your fall classes!